If there’s one thing I hate most, it’s writing about myself. Seriously. As embarrassing as this may sound to some, I usually hit a massive blank wall when it comes to sharing a few things about me. You would think that writing about who I am would be the easiest task to do given that I’ve hung out with myself since birth, but nope. Instead, I just have a staring contest with my computer. As a matter of fact, it took eons for me to come up with my first sentence when drafting my About Me page for this blog. Yet, because I want to get better acquainted with you all, I thought it would be best to just list some fun facts about me. On with the show!
- The hobby I could never give up is, of course, reading and writing. I know this doesn’t come as a surprise.
- I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve watched Gladiator. It’s literally one of my all-time favorite films. Who could ever forget that famous line? “Are you not entertained?” An absolute classic!
- My alcoholic drink of choice is strawberry mojito. Delicious!
- I mostly listen to movie scores. I don’t know why, but the music not only moves you, but it also tells its own story as well. I definitely recommend listening to Let Them Up by Junkie XL from the motion picture Mad Max: Fury Road. It’s really moving.
- I am lactose intolerant. Though I was never diagnosed by a doctor, my body has made it clear that it would be best to avoid all dairy products. But I don’t.
- My name in Greek means wisdom. I plan on getting a tattoo of an owl but I’m not sure if I’m ready for the pain.
- Sweets are my Achilles heel. I love Oreos, Reese Buttercup, Chocolate and Churros, Tres Leches, and so much more!
- I spend far too much money on books. We don’t need to go into details with this one.
- If I could live in any era of history, it would have to be the Revolutionary era (1775–1783) because that’s when we took a stand against the world’s greatest empire at the time and said “enough”! Our founding fathers embarked on a dangerous quest for equal representation and they pushed forward regardless of the consequences. Of course, I would want to live in that era as a white woman.
- The thing I love most about me is my ability to forgive people no matter how bad they’ve hurt me. I am somewhat a passive person.
- If I could live anywhere in the world it would be London. I just love the history, the culture, and not to mention the accent.
- I hate anything horror/thriller. If it’s scary, you can have it. If it’s demonic, I will throw my Bible at you and run. It’s that simple.
- I have never been to Disney. I still don’t understand why I haven’t since I live in Florida. Yeah, maybe next year I’ll go.
- I suffer from trypophobia. I can’t even begin to describe what that is without making my skin crawl. Google it.
- I am a very friendly and awkward person. I don’t know, I love meeting new people, but then I would ruin that first impression by trying to be funny.
- I hate both the taste and smell of mint. I can tolerate minty toothpaste, but that’s about it.
- My favorite season is fall. Though I live in a state that only has one season, I can still feel a slight change in the weather during the fall.
- I consider myself an undercover history aficionado. I plan on sharing some history-related content soon.
- I suffer from depression. Again, I haven’t been diagnosed with depression, but the symptoms are there. I have to constantly work around the clock to keep my mind from slipping into that dark place in my head where the thoughts of hurting myself fatally are always lurking.
- My favorite music composer is Hans Zimmer! — Need I say more?
I hope you guys were able to get a feel of who I am. If there’s something you would like to know about me, just shoot me a question in the comments section!
Thanks for stopping by!